What Is WEN?
WEN is an organization that fosters the education and development of women who work within the energy industries. They are a large and growing community with over 4,000 members and 18 chapters across the United States. The Houston Chapter was established in 1994, to connect women within the energy industries with each other. 29 years later, it continues to remain committed to its core values of mentorship and networking for a diverse group of women across the energy value chain.
We Like How They Think - WEN provides networking, mentoring and leadership opportunities to women in our community to connect with peers. For women within the energy industry with fewer years of industry-related experiences this is a great place to learn from leading professionals. WEN encompasses a diverse group of women, from CEOs to Engineers, who are committed to share their knowledge and experiences.
They Foster Career And Leadership Development To Advance Careers Through
- Monthly Educational Luncheons - Every woman in STEM is encouraged to attend at least one of these monthly luncheons. WEN invites expert speakers from various industries to speak on topics ranging from “How to get your next promotion” and “Being a Boss in a ‘ Man’s World’” to “Leadership Instincts That Will Help You Excel In Your Career”.
- Volunteerism - They are also keen on giving back to the community to support young women through activities such as STEM Charity Luncheon, Student Mentoring, and Young Women Energized. Additionally, young women are invited to learn about STEM career options, scholarship opportunities and tips on becoming future leaders.
What Peaked Our Interests At The November 2018 Monthly Luncheon?
Dr. Bodene Orr, the keynote speaker for the event. She gave an outstanding presentation on her personal and career journey, the huddles and sacrifices, as well as glories and touches of sarcasm throughout the way. Then she shared the five most important leadership instincts:
- Self-Clarity: Understanding your own motives and behaviors will allow you to grow
- Reaching Your Unique Potential: Desire to have control over one’s life will help you to take initiative, achieve, and be self-sufficient
- Connection: Humans need to be close to other human beings - family, friends, community and coworkers
- What You’re Really Meant To Do: Desire to feel complete and integrated as a full human being
- Authenticity: Be true to yourself, having a good understanding of your values, priorities, desires, and emotions
The Endiem Team rotates who attends the monthly luncheon if you’re there, stop by and say hello. And of course, if you’re looking for a Salesforce Implementation Partner to kick off your next Salesforce project Contact Us.